Subscribe with Bloglines

Monday, November 13, 2006

Lemons, Cats, Hats and Calendars!


Yes, that is a lemon under that tiny itty bitty hat. Someone told me the hospitals often needed hats small enough to fit over a lemon so I thought that might be a good way to display. My intention was to make that cute little umbilical cord thing at the top. But after knitting a few rows with this yarn I thought I'll get finished with this as quick as I can. I'll probably step on a few toes with this one but whoever said Caron Simply Soft was soft doesn't have the same touch I do. This stuff irritated my fingertips so much they felt like I'd been rubbing them on fine sandpaper! I'll use something else in the future. And yes, there were oranges nearby so I used those to help support the lemon! lol

This is a picture of my 2006 November calendar page at work.

I love this calendar. It's Cats on the Greek Isle. So not only do I get a great cat picture I also get to see scenery or buildings in Greece. You'll notice this is one unadulterated picture. I have a boss with a sense of humor. He loves to use stickies and make hats or flowers or bows or something to "dress" up a cat each month. Last month the cat had the Billie Holiday look with a bright yellow flower to one side of her ear. lol He used to sneak into my office and do it while I was at lunch or away from my desk but that was hard to do I guess. So now when he comes to sit down and I see him grab a pad of stickies and scissors I know what he's going to do.





I talked to Susan this afternoon. She sounds so chipper and upbeat. You'd never know she'd was one week out of brain surgery. She hopes to get out mid week and return home to her sweet Sugar. She misses her a lot.


Today's question is this: What type of dressing do you have on Thanksgiving? I grew up with cornbread dressing with what some may think is one unusual ingredient, pecans. My grandmother made her dressing with pecans too. We had to change a bit when we discovered my son has an anaphylactic reaction to pecans soooooooo we started making two dishes of dressing, one with and one without for my son. These days there are so few of us for Thanksgiving dinner we only make one dish of dressing without pecans. So leave a comment and tell me your family's tradition with dressing.

Speaking of cats, this is the cat I came home to yesterday.
She looks a bit relaxed doesn't she? That's because I left the

ceiling fans on while I was gone!!

I'm making progress on the Irish Hiking Scarf although not enough to show you any pictures. Lexi has taken a liking to that yarn. If she sees it dangling anywhere she'll try to chew it into. I think it's jealousy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

How CUTE! Lexi looks like she's laying on a carpeted ceiling! : )

The teeny tiny hat is adorable. Yay for warm teeny noggins.

I'm glad your boss is dressing the calendar kittys with stickies and not permanently marking them up. He must like you and enjoy teasing you.

7:20 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Thank you for the calendar picture! An the bitty hat is adorable....

8:14 PM  
Blogger katie said...

My grandmother has always been in charge of the dressing for Thanksgiving. It's a cornbread dressing, too. She makes two versions--her traditional version and a vegetarian version for my husband and me. That's right--we get a whole pan of dressing to ourselves, baby!

Love that kitty belly!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Hey! Lexi seem to be relaxed a lot...thanks to your fan..hehe.
you too can see some cutie pics of cats in solar powered kitty ...Do peek into it if you get time n let me know howz it..

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up with a giblet dressing, soggy to boot. I never ate it, just yucky.

Now I like dressing, because my husband makes it. Flavorful with crispy edges, and no obscene body parts. He changes it every year according to whim. It's always good.

cute lemon head!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Cute lemon head hat! I've been making those, too! Good little "intstant gratification" projects for those wee little heads! It's traditional southern cornbread dressing for me..no other kind counts!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home