Subscribe with Bloglines

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Black Friday


While I did not want to stay home Friday, I sure wasn't going out with the masses to shop. So what did I do? I spent my Black Friday as a Knitting Friday at Gourmet Yarn. Yes, I think I left a butt-print on Margaret's sofa. I arrived before 11 and did not leave until closing time.

The question came up of what Black Friday actually meant. I always thought it was one shopping day of the year where retailers were guaranteed to be in the black on their books for sales that day. Or maybe that one day could put the business in the black. If you know what it really means, leave a comment and let us know.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day knitting on the Regia Silk sock (above). As you can see I turned the heel and picked up the stitches. Yikes!! This is the part that I'm shakey on. Let's hope I don't mess this up at this point.





Here is the Irish Hiking Scarf. I'm on my third skein of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran. Needless to say the scarf is getting longer. Hmmmmm, I heard on the weather yesterday that by Wednesday we'll have the coldest weather so far this season. Do you think I can have this finished by then? (I wouldn't hold my breath!! lol)









And of course I HAD to buy this Schaefer Anne yarn. After all, it's in my signature colors, green and blue. It reminds you of a peacock, doesn't it?

I have a feeling if I dug in my stash, I'd find about 4 other skeins of Schaefer Anne with somewhat similar colors. Sigh!!!!









Poor Lexi. She isn't used to company and especially company that spends the night. Let alone a BIG BROTHER!! Michael tried and tried to win her over. Let's just say Lexi isn't easy. She's one tough nut to crack. She did come sniff his foot and she did finally lay down in the floor across the room from him. She also gave him an early wake up call by playing with her jingle bell fish. He told me she'd grab it and pull and make it jingle and then she'd stop and look at him to see if he was awake. What a girl!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Yes Kay, Black Friday is the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. So it is predicted that all retailers receipts should put them in the "black" vs the "red".

I remember working at Dillards during this time of year and it seemed like they were checking the receipts every hour.

Ah, working retail at Christmas - don't miss it a bit!

11:33 AM  
Blogger KatyaR said...

I didn't know what it meant, either, until yesterday. I read in an article that Black Friday was the day when businesses were supposed to start making money, much like the date they say we stop paying taxes to the IRS.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_friday

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I skipped Black Friday.... fighting crowds is not my idea of a good time!
Now that you've got the hang of sox you're just going to town on 'em. 'Atta girl
Finished my Clapotis thanks to Margaret's help. In return I bought about $60 worth of merchandise!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Love those socks! Would love to hear how you like them when you wear them! I passed on the black friday, too! Had Grandkids all week-end...perfect excuse to avoid the shopping madness out there!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home