Subscribe with Bloglines

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

All Saints Day


In my last post I asked for soup recipes. I got a few that sound really good. I haven't tried any of those yet as I had one recipe I found on a blog a few weeks ago that I was dying to try. It was for Potato Cream Cheese Soup. It was a comedy of errors trying to make this recipe. First I didn't have many of the called for ingredients. So I made a run to the store and got what I thought was everything. You know how that goes!! lol I had to make like 2 trips to get everything. Then we had a warm spell...I want soup when it's cold outside!! Anyway, last night was the night. I got home early and changed clothes and got in the kitchen to start this soup. It called for two large potatoes, shredded or a package of the Simply Shreds. I have a food processor so I shredded two large potatoes. I started the onions and celery saute'ing and was excited about this soup. Well, when I added the shredded potatoes to the chicken broth/onion/celery mixture the picture didn't look so good. The mixture turned into an instant thick concoction and long story short, the shreds did not cook very quickly. I thnk I stood and stirred so the mess wouldn't scorch for over half an hour. I went ahead and added the milk and cream cheese hoping that would be the miraculous turn and it was not. I ended up pouring the whole thing down the garbage disposal. So!!! I'm ready to try one of the other recipes posted on my blog. Surely I can't mess one of those up!! lol

Can you believe this? (Plaque in picture above) SOMEONE (aka Margaret) had the NERVE to give this to me! I don't have a single clue why I'm to blame.


Sunday I dropped by Gourmet Yarn to knit a bit. Nina and Linen were there. Linen has to be the sweetest dog in the whole world. Here she is loving and soaking up lovin's from Susan. Linen later give my arm some good doggie kisses. Lexi sure was sniffing me when I got home. She knew Linen had kissed her mama.









This is what I've been working on in the knitting area. I am so determined to learn how to knit a wearable sock that I started this cuff down and will conquer Kitchner if it KILLS me!! It's not too much further until we find out if it does. Maybe I'll live to see Christmas this year. :-)










And the lovely Lexi says all is well with the world just let me sleep.

6 Comments:

Blogger katie said...

Mmm...sleep. Lexi's a smart girl.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Sanders said...

Love the plaque!!!! too funny.

Thanks for playing on my blog~
for the record, I knew you and Emma probably had NEVER taken anything real from a hotel, didn't mean to suggest you had, I just couldn't resist. I know the towels are the thing you always hear about..... (soap and shampoo don't count in my book!)

I've been meaning to leave my soup/stew recipe, but I'm heading to work.... Happy Cooking!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Well, it usually IS *your* fault! : )

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good looking sock . Kitchner might MAIM you but probably won't kill you!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Emily Scott Banks said...

Nice sock! And if it makes you feel any better, I can kitchner a sock while talking and watching TV, but cannot *for the life of me* sew in a sleeve correctly, even while in a totally silent room, with every finishing reference I have in front of me. Somehow I think you'll master grafting *and* seaming, lol! Good luck, and send pointers my way.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kay,

The sock looks good. Have you tried this method of kitchner stitching? It looks easier.

http://www.tradewindknits.com/tbsoctoe.html

Vanessa....transplanted from OK to east coast!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home